Sep. 2022Mumbai Metropolitan RegionVirtual CFO Services, Business Risk compliance , M&A, Trade Finance, India office set up, Cross Border Transaction, FDI, Finance Strategy, Finance Automation & International Tax Strategy. Service Provider of End to end Accounts and Tax Compliance in India.
Jan. 2019Mumbai, Maharashtra1 - Provide Finance Automation Executable strategies for large and mid size enterprises 2 - Consult and make decisions on core-team formation for growth 3- Lead transition methodologies and set the tight deadline to execute the Automation tasks
4- Support on fund raising and customer acquisition processes
MastercardLeader (Director Finance)
Nov. 2015 - Sep. 2018• Execution of MasterCard Due Diligence of finance integration for acquisition entities • Lead merger & acquisition (M&A) strategies laid out by MasterCard group • Accountable for cross border compliance, complex transactions in south Asian subcontinent
• Implement region specific finance and accounting policies and their implementations and aligned with US GAAP
• Lead escalation management for shared service centre (Accounts Receivable for 200+ customer, Account Payable for 700+ vendors, General Ledger, Cash Management processes, Treasury, Cashflow mgt for 19+ entities )
• Manage internal & external auditors’ expectations for all complex transactions and support service during Audit • Accountable to maintain in country (IFC i.e like SOX laws) compliance and aligned these compliance to match SOX controls for group
• Responsible for 40 entities (19 countries) cash forecast & treasury management • Responsible and accountable for bringing foreign direct investments to Indian sub-continent as part of my treasury roles • Lead projects to change the process, system and tax compliance on implementation of GST (new tax laws)
• Lead automation projects to earn and save money and successfully achieved $ 1.3 million cash earning with automation steps and provided the Go To Market (approach) strategies to earn recurring $15 million every year.
• Led Travel and expenses management project for all entity with Card program and my process gave them millions of dollar tax refund and vendor negotiation data bases • Review the transaction details of financials when tabled before controllers, Audit committee, Board of Directors, Auditors etc.
AXA USManager Group Controllership - US GAAP, IFRS and Investment Reporting
Sep. 2014 - Oct. 2015Pune Area, IndiaResponsible for management and execution of Reporting and consolidation of a large Insurance company in the world, rich experience in US GAAP, IFRS, Investment reporting, Expenses Allocations, Prepare close calendar, Regulatory Reporting, external reporting and statutory Reporting, with help of 20 professionals
GENPACTManager External Reporting
Apr. 2012 - Sep. 2014New Delhi Area, IndiaInstrumental in leading the Reporting Team to support the AIG SSC set up in India w.r.t external reporting • Accountable for Transition, Deal acquisition, supervision and client relationship management for Financial Reporting Team with 17 Professionals • Responsible for Financial reporting - Preparation of close calendar and 2nd level review of financials, Decoupling of the process, feasible study of the current process, preparing the adapted process maps, making a detail plan for transformation of the process and transition of the process.
• Collecting Subsidiary, association, affiliate financials and perform valuation as per SSAP and consolidate manually as per the regulator guidelines.
• Facilitating and advising team for Interpretation in FAS 157 and FAS 115 for Investment accounting and fair value.
• Acting as a subject matter expert in External reporting in BFSI Vertical
• Actively studying sharing the knowledge on all relevant new circulars, notifications, press releases, journals, exposure drafts, guidance notes of US GAAP and NAIC Instructions.
• Managing the business as usual with customer and Federal Bank for all day to day activities and queries sent by federal bank.
• Maintaining the SOX compliance for all Internal control purposes.
• Responsible for managing the process & knowledge transfer of finance reporting process.
• Preparing complete Annul statement (Yellow book) for 12 group company, as per NAIC’s SSAPs. • Coordinating with more than 10 departments (164 Input providers) for gathering information, preparing and completing the Notes accounts for 12 companies as per close calendar.
• Performing Edit Check on whether team is able to/not able to solve the same in the wings/ Reg reporter application.
• Successfully transitioned External reporting process of a leading investment bank and One of the largest Insurance company in USA
Aug. 2006 - Mar. 2012• Responsible for Financial consolidation, intercompany activities, managing team for GL, budgeting & Audits
• Responsible for Closing the General Ledger and generating Balance sheet and Income statement with a team of 12 people.
• Reviewing and delivering monthly/quarterly financial reporting package including GL to Sub-GL Reconciliations, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Capital Expenditure, Month End Accruals and Inter Company Reconciliations
• Preparing Account receivables, Account Payable reconciliation and ageing sheet and compare with the cash flow statement and presenting the ageing analysis to senior management.
• Managing Year End Reconciliations of all balance sheet items and CAPEX.
• Responsible for the Operational expenses variance analysis and budgeting. • Updating weekly and presenting monthly matrix (Dash Board) to Management/Customer
• Responsible for Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures, Process updates, Process Map, Defect matrix, FMEA, Customer Expectations and Weekly performance dashboards.
• Preparing both internal and external MIS reports on F&A process, Quality and Personnel reports to client and senior management.
• Responsible for Training new hires/IJP & Performance Appraisals of all the team members.
IntellibuzzFinance Transformation consultant
Jan. 2009 - Dec. 2010Mumbai• Exclusively engaged with Intellibuzz Group Company for their reengineering and transformation of services on telecom Industry. • Evaluated their complete process and given a Sigma level outlook for future state. • Actively involved with the management to achieve the transformation for their product delivery on Reporting, audit and MIS service in International market.
• Prepared the process maps as per ISO standards for all the product services on external reporting and MIS. • Served as the change manager for all employees and vendors in terms of Transformation of the process.
First Leasing Company of India LimitedDeputy Manager- Audit
Sep. 2005 - Jul. 2006Chennai Area, India• Assisted Chief Internal Auditor and the Senior Manger Account on various Audit Reports and MIS.
• Evaluation of Credit value for perspective customer (using NPV, IRR and cash flow model).
• Handled 14 branch accounts with a team of 7 people and performing the internal audit at the Head office.
• Developed the SOP for the whole process of the process flow and prepared the process map for Accounts, audit and documentation.
• Prepared the quarterly MIS report and the market analysis & data management.
Aug. 2002 - Jul. 2005• Conducted statutory audits, internal audits, Stock audits and finalizing accounts of companies in different sectors.
• Conducted internal audits for clients on statutory compliance.
• Conducted Tax Audit as per Income Tax Act, 1961 for companies and firms.
• Reconciliation of TDS, Excise duty, service tax, sales tax & VAT.
• Verified HR related processes, statutory dues relating to employees and payroll records of clients.
• Achieved good domain in interpretation of various Tax laws and case laws.
• Worked as Accountant for small entities.