Keep in touch with meI'm using Intch to connect with new people. Use this link to open chat with me via Intch app
ShopeeAlgorithm Engineer (Natural Language Processing and Multi-modal Learning)
Oct. 2021Singapore🏅Outstanding Tech Winner (SG) - Marketplace Intelligence & Data
Towards Data ScienceWriter, Contributor
1. https://towardsdatascience.com/a-free-and-powerful-labelling-tool-every-data-scientist-should-know-ce66473c7557 (in Oct 2021)
2. https://towardsdatascience.com/the-lessons-i-learned-from-failing-the-job-interviews-at-shopee-singapore-dd24b9f2bf3d (in Oct 2021)
3. https://towardsdatascience.com/5-open-source-tools-you-can-use-to-train-and-deploy-an-ocr-project-8f204dec862b (in Nov 2021)
4. https://towardsdatascience.com/data-labeling-how-ai-can-streamline-your-data-labelling-4f1ffb8a19e1 (in Dec 2021)
Mediacorp Pte LtdData Scientist
Jan. 2021 - Oct. 2021Singapore1. Designed and implemented ETL (extract, transform, load) flows to collect data for supporting business and building Machine Learning(ML) models/algorithms
2. Developed an end-to-end pipeline for the demographic models from the unstructured data for personalized content recommendation and ad targeting.
3. Built a deep learning model for Chinese article embedding in a content-based recommendation system.
4. Improved Autotagger performance for Chinese articles, videos, and audio.
5. Explored data, conduct analysis to extract insights from Mediacorp’s data warehouse, which help improve model performance and provide useful findings for business.
Alibaba GroupTalent Program
Jan. 2019 - Jan. 2021Singapore
Nanyang Technological UniversityAI and Unity3D Developer
Jul. 2018 - Jan. 2019SingaporeCurrent project:
1) DSAIR Intellik
2) Object Detection and Facial Expression Recognition
3) Unity AI Game Development With Focus on Human Interaction
Nanyang Technological University, SingaporeNTU URECA Research Assistant
Aug. 2015 - Jun. 2016Singapore• Conducted structural analysis for drone with Solidworks.
• Developed drone’s hardware with 3D printing technology.
• Piloted drone to complete an indoor obstacle course. • Participated in the SAFMC 2016 Category D2.
• Won the Best Presentation Award.
Nanyang Technological University, SingaporeVice President - NTU Alternative Investments Symposium 2016
Aug. 2015 - Jan. 2016Singapore• Co-chaired NTU Alternative Investment Symposium (AIS) 2016, attracting more than 150 undergraduates & postgraduates to attend.
• Led the marketing team to design customer-driven marketing strategies using attractive website design, booklet design, poster marketing and email marketing. • Assisted the marketing team to identify target audience and create effective marketing plan with limited budget.
ST AerospaceAerospace Engineer
Jul. 2017 - Jul. 2018Singapore● Perform stress analysis for frame splices and shear tie
● Perform weight and balance analysis for A321/A320 project
ST AerospaceStress Analysis Engineering Intern
May. 2016 - Aug. 2016Singapore• Involved in P2F Conversion Program for Boeing B757 15P.
• Involved in P2F Conversion Program for Airbus A330-300.
• Supported Weight and Balance Operation for A330-300P2F programs.
• Conducted loadability studies for A330-300 and designed algorithm and programs to automatically generate appropriate cargo combination to speed up the cargo loading process.
CLEF IntelligenceApp Developer Intern
Jan. 2017 - Apr. 2017Singapore● Create and test software application designs that fulfill CLEF’s and/or client's
strategic goals while integrating the needs of product design, sales and other
● Translate software application designs into code implementation, followed by testing
and deployment into production environment
ShopeeRegional Operations Intern
Oct. 2016 - Dec. 2016Singapore● Collaborated with regional operation customer service team to automate and optimize business processes and reports with VBA and Python.
● Liased with local customer service leads in SEA countries (SG, MY, IN, PH, TH, TW, VN) to propose solution for increasing operational efficiency