Keep in touch with meI'm using Intch to connect with new people. Use this link to open chat with me via Intch app
LinTech Global, a DISYS companyEnterprise Agile Coach
Dec. 2022Lubbock, Texas, United States · Remote• Portfolio Agile Coach for the Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System (DEAMS) program.
• Created a weekly internal Agile Coaches meeting to align coaching activities across the enterprise.
• Setup the DEAMS Lean Agile Center of Excellence to establish and deliver large systemic changes to increase the execution maturity of the Portfolio.
• Coaching senior Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) executives on ways to organize, plan, and measure strategic deliverables.
• Providing SAFe certification training to members across the DEAMS Enterprise.
• Facilitated the bi-weekly Portfolio Sync, trained the LPM Lead on how to conduct these sessions and then transition that role to the Lead. • Ensure alignment and synergy between process improvement strategies/plans and business objectives.
• Completed the maturity assessment to identify improvement opportunities across the enterprise.
• Providing 1:1 SAFe training to members of the DEAMS executive leadership team.
ASRC FederalEnterprise Agile Coach
Feb. 2022 - Dec. 2022• Helping to establish a lean-agile mindset and to establish, grow and nurture a generative culture at multiple government agencies.
• Leading large agile projects initiated from the CTO office. • Helping to foster transparency, decentralized decision-making, relentless improvement, continuous learning, and effective conflict resolution and problem-solving. • Working directly with leaders, program managers, directors, and stakeholders to provide mentorship, coaching, consulting, education, and guidance on lean agile servant leadership, dual operating systems, and the acceleration and expansion of the Scaled Agile framework. • Define and execute strategies and roadmaps for accelerating and expanding business agility and Scaled Agile maturity. • Conduct Scaled Agile training, workshops, assessments, and tune-ups. • Lead multiple Community of Practices (COPs) internally and with our government customers. • Act as an enterprise evangelist of Scaled Agile ceremonies, practices, and values.
Koniag Government ServicesSr. Enterprise Agile Coach
Jul. 2019 - Feb. 2022Albuquerque, New Mexico Area• Responsible for building and managing the engagement pipeline. • Meet with the customer weekly to review deliverables, status, and customer expectations.
• Prepare Statements of Work to perspective Sandia clients. Providing details on engagement tasks and cost estimates.
• Leading multiple project teams, facilitating communication, tailoring processes, removing impediments while creating and maintaining the conditions that allow teams to successfully deliver value to their customer.
• Generating billable time while expanding Koniag’s presence at Sandia National Laboratory
• Coaching Agile Release Trains at Sandia
• Fixing poor performing teams, standing up new teams (Kanban, Scrum), and helping programs struggling to transition to SAFe.
• Provide coaching for specific agile roles: Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers, Release Train Engineers, and Product Managers.
• Administering agile team maturity assessments and develop coaching plans based on actual needs.
• Develop and delivers presentations to leadership; helping to identify and propose resolutions to barriers of agile transformation.
Insight GlobalSAFe Program Consultant
Mar. 2019 - Aug. 2019Greater San Diego Area• Managing 8 teams on the DevOps Agile Release Train (ART).
• Coordinating and planning all ART related events (PI Planning, ART Sync, Scrum of Scrums, PO Sync).
• Providing coaching to Scrum Masters and Product Owners on the DevOps ART.
• Working with the leadership of our Portfolio to identify and prioritize the most valued work items.
• As a member of the Lean-Agile Center of Excellence (LACE), helping to document the SAFe governance and best practices for all 5 Portfolios (over 1,800 people).
• Defining metrics and actionable information used to ensure our train is consistently delivering value.
• Conducting training for teams new to SAFe, leadership and the key roles on scrum teams (Product Owners and Scrum Masters).
• Tracking/Resolving issues, dependencies and risks impacting our ART.
• Drive continuous improvement through activities such as Inspect and Adapt, team and program level health checks
ELIASSEN CONSULTINGSAFe Enterprise Coach
Nov. 2018 - Mar. 2019Greater Los Angeles Area• Implementing Scaled Agile Framework practices across 8 Scrum teams on an Agile Release Train (ART).
• Working as an Agile Coach on one of AT&T’s Agile Release Trains (ART) to update their DirecTV Now streaming service.
• Defined measurable metrics to track the continuous improvement of our Agile adoption. Communicating results to senior management and stakeholders.
• Collaborate with RTE, Product Managers and technology teams in developing the product vision/roadmap into a workable plan.
• Setup a weekly checkpoint meeting with the Scrum Masters and Product Owners to review the current health of their features in JIRA.
• Working with the teams to develop and implement a functional Dev Ops plan across the ART.
• Facilitating estimation and release planning meetings.
• Mentoring Product Owners and Scrum Masters through 1:1 sessions.
• Developing the next group of Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches.
KPMG USAgile Coach
Jun. 2017 - Nov. 2018Greater St. Louis Area• Facilitating the Scrum methodology on a completely distributed team
• Assessed the scrum maturity of KPMG’s ServiceNow Development teams and organization; defined an approach and strategy to grow that maturity level, and consistently deliver successful results
• Confirming that Agile process ceremonies such as stand-ups, planning sessions, sprint reviews, sprint refinements and retrospectives are organized and productive
• Helping our team execute at the highest level of efficiency and quality, while also being flexible and adaptive to rapid changes
• Configured scrum metrics in ServiceNow’s Agile module to measure the team’s progress from sprint to sprint
• Conduct training sessions to improve the team’s agile maturity (Scrum 101, Story writing workshop, Continuous Integration, etc.)
• Provide daily coaching and support to the Development team and Delivery teams to optimize their absorption of Agile and internalize the methodology.
• Continuously improving and evolving our agile processes, based on quantified metrics and team feedback.
• Aligned sprints and releases to support global strategic planning goals.
• Provide a daily ‘Sprint Tracker’ report to support communication in a fully distributed team
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Expedited the process of getting completed stories into production
Care OtterScrum Master/Project Manager
Sep. 2016 - Jun. 2017Litchfield, Illinois• Implemented Care Otter’s Agile Practice.
• Taught Scrum methodology and principles to multiple teams (Android, IOS, Backend, QA, Product Management and Data Science)
• Facilitating the Scrum ceremonies (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective)
• Grooming each team’s backlog weekly • Managing the Product and Sprint backlogs with Microsoft’s Visual Studio Online (VSO) tool
• Introduced the Kanban methodology to the Data Science team
• Identifying and resolving process gaps or resource needs
• Provide a weekly ‘State of the Project’ reports as requested by Senior Management
• Managing the daily operation of the project teams
Aug. 2015 - Sep. 2016• Scrum Master for 2 of 8 teams in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) implementation for the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) group • Scottrade’s Universal Customer Master (UCM) scrum team responsible for capturing, cleansing and standardizing customer data; creating the single source of truth for downstream systems • Led a bilingual Web Development team focused on designing a Banking and Brokerage Online Application platform for our Asian-Pacific Customers (China, Hong Kong and Taiwan)
• Facilitated Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review/Demo and Sprint Retrospective ceremonies
• Worked with our Product Owner and Scrum team to prioritize features, user stories, Product Backlog and Sprint backlog • Demonstrated completed Sprint features to our Asia Pacific business stakeholders
• Removed all blockers that may impede the team from completing our Sprint commitments • Provided Sprint metrics such as our burndown chart, quality assurance data, team velocity, status of features, business value, cycle time and other data points to senior management
• Represented my team in our weekly ‘Checkpoint Meeting’ to discuss the status of our features with other scrum masters and senior management
• Utilized Rally Dev Enterprise to manage features and stories within the SAFe Agile Release Train
• Worked with other Scrum Masters to manage and mitigate any impediments on our “Impediment Backlog” during our Scrum of Scrums • Tracked and mitigated project risks and issues in CA Clarity PPM
Daugherty Business SolutionsProject Manager
Aug. 2014 - Aug. 2015Greater St. Louis Area• Managed a $4.8 million program covering 4 teams migrating 26 applications from an aging VB6 codebase to VB.NET for American Electric Power (AEP)
• Taught scrum concepts and principles to team while helping the organization transition from waterfall to agile
• Implemented a Kanban process to help manage the workflow of AEP’s IT Operations department
• Coached a large team in the practice and application of agile principles for the Anheuser-Busch development project
• Monitored workflow daily, identifying resource needs, conducting quality reviews, and managing functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Managed project budgets including forecasts, funding requests, invoice tracking and cost allocation.
• Reviewed and approved project documents: functional/non-functional requirements, functional design documents, data flows and diagrams, test plans, process documents, etc.
• Proactively met with internal customers to provide project status updates and to gather project-related feedback.
• Provided technical and analytical guidance on tool improvements with cross-functional teams (i.e. Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, IT, etc.). • Actively and consistently supported all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Apr. 2014 - Aug. 2015Greater St. Louis Area• Responsible for the day-to-day management of projects including budget, schedule, and quality
• Managed the technical, business and personnel aspects of consulting engagements
• Cultivated highly functioning teams comprised of Perficient and client resources
• Ensured deliverables are of the highest quality to promote client satisfaction
• Produced key project management deliverables such as project charters, project plans, resource plans, risk mitigation plans, change management plans, etc.
• Developed and provided quality review of Proposals and Statements of Work
• Served as a key member of the solution delivery team by facilitating requirements/design sessions, and producing deliverables
• Monitored engagement team performance and provide feedback
• Developed solution concepts and estimate the effort/resource requirements to support a successful delivery
• Facilitated pre-sales discussions with the client
• Produced and present during formal sales presentations
The MaschhoffsBusiness Analyst/Project Manager
Oct. 2013 - Mar. 2014Carlyle, Ill• Responsible for managing projects for Business Development, Financial Services, Operations Analysis, Animal Housing and Facilities Engineering Departments.
• Provided business customers with technical and non-technical problem solving for all CRM related issues
• Implemented Agile methodologies into the PMO
• Controlled projects through identification, tracking, and measuring of project goals, risks, and objectives.
• Prepared application roadmaps and health plans for assigned areas of the business; ensuring improvements and long-term application strategies are identified, tracked, prioritized and executed.
• Created business process flows for new and existing business processes, recommend changes to ensure continuous business process improvement and summarize and create functional documentation. • Worked with vendors to capture requirements and outline the project scope for the Site Data Collection (SDC) Project.
May. 2013 - Oct. 2013Town and Country, Missouri• Managed the Savvis acquisition activities of its new Platform as a Service (PaaS) provider AppFog, Inc.
• Responsible for supervising AppFog Senior Engineers in the completion of eight milestones that were required to finalize the acquisition.
• Created the implementation plan for transitioning the AppFog billing processes into the traditional Savvis billing model.
• Redesigned the AppFog Operations and Support process; integrated the current AppFog processes with the Savvis process.
• Planned the Operations and Support training between AppFog and Savvis; outlining a short-term and long-term implementation strategy.
• Lead the team to extend the Savvis public cloud capability by adding its public cloud PaaS to the savvisdirect online channel and offering private, dedicated deployments to Savvis' enterprise clients.
• Worked with the Product Managers to increase the Add-on partnerships; extending the application capability of their customer base.
Booz Allen HamiltonProject Manager
Dec. 2012 - May. 2013Scott Air Force base, Illinois• Supported the United States Air Force, Air Mobility Command (AMC) program • Implemented Scrum ceremonies and practices in an enterprise-level within the Air Force PMO
• Provided support to government employees along with contract Developers and other support contractors/personnel to manage release schedules and content of agile programs.
• Coordinated work performed by Scrum Masters on multiple distributed teams.
• Reported team progress by using burn-up, burn-down charts, dashboards, velocity reporting and release/sprint progress.
• Kept leadership apprised of Sprint and Release progress, and identified risks and issues.
• Organized, facilitated and led Sprint ceremonies (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective).
• Coached and mentored teams in effective adoption and use of agile principles and practices.
• Scrum Master for four teams, each comprised of seven to nine members, including Developers, Analysts and Engineers. • Managed the software development in Sprints (of Scrum of Scrums) by attending daily stand-ups and removing impediments/noise.
• Worked with Product Owner and the team to create and groom the product backlog; prioritize and assign complexity points to the user stories based on its business value and ROI.
• Functional administrator of agile project and life cycle management tool, VersionOne
• Coordinated projects managed by the AMC-C6I Project Management Office • Coached, mentored and evangelized agile best practices across the organization.
Sony ElectronicsSenior SQA Engineer
Jan. 2000 - Apr. 2012• Facilitated daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
• Provided visibility to team impediments/risks and helped to eliminate them.
• Worked with multiple Product Owners on Scrum artifacts such as Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Sprint Review, Burn-down charts and team velocity.
• Worked with the Scrum Team to design and implement a contextual marketing service to our customers, Digital Delivery Networks, Inc. (DDNI).
• Tracked and communicated team velocity and sprint/release progress.
• Delivered quality solutions on time, within budget using approved scheduling tools, techniques and methodologies. • Worked with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels, navigating the organization, successfully completing complex projects under tight deadlines. • Led the Microsoft Velocity project for Sony to help improve system performance and enhance the customer’s user experience. • Ran multiple scrum teams for the Windows 7 Upgrade Project. • Led a team of Developers based in Singapore that created Sony’s Windows 7 Upgrade website. • Managed a team of Engineers and Developers on an 18-month long project to validate the functionality, compatibility and migration of more than 300 Notebook and Desktop systems from XP and Vista to the Windows 7 operating system.
• Presented reports and RTM (Release to Manufacturing) documents to our VP, Directors and Senior Management for their sign-off or approvals.
• Facilitated team communication, transparency and radiated information including metric and quality data across the organization.
Jan. 1999 - Jan. 2000Greater Detroit Area• Provided pre-sales and post-sales technical support to K-12 and higher educational organizations in Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky.
• Supported 7 Account Executives for these regions.
• Implemented the Detroit Country Day Laptop program for students in 6th – 12th grades. Worked with a 3rd party vendor to create a special laptop and server configuration to support the program.
• Provided support for damaged or malfunctioning laptops.
• Researched competitors and their products to develop effective marketing and sales strategies.
• Delivered presentations to highlight key features of Dell’s products. • Collaborated with and provided support to IT Departments at major universities and school districts. • Contacted my clients weekly to develop and maintain a positive working relationship.
• Provided onsite training to demonstrate how to effectively use OpenManage, Dell’s Enterprise Management software.
EDS GroupOperations Manager
Jan. 1991 - Jan. 1999DetroitInformation Analyst, 1998 – 1999
• Managed the daily operation of General Motors’ Electronic Expense Report System (EERS).
• Worked with my GM Business Partners to define the core responsibilities for managing EERS.
• Created a plan that determined when currency exchange rate tables were to be updated on the server, and how to push out updates locally and remotely.
• Provided remote and onsite support for Executive Level employees (VP, Directors, Senior Managers). Operations Manager, 1991 – 1998
• Managed daily operations of the Southfield, Michigan Remittance Processing Center, which processed over $160 million worth of payments each month for customers like GMAC and Sprint.
• Responsible for the development and training of over 30 staff members.
• Developed and implemented a comprehensive training plan for my staff to educate them on the new Remittance Processing platform.
• Implemented quality and performance metric data analysis to highlight positive areas and areas that needed improvement.
• Managed the P&L for my operation.
• Increased the customer base of the Operation from 3 to 7 large customers.
• Evaluated employee performance and provided regular feedback, mentoring, and motivation that focused on further professional development.
• Transformed 3rd shift of the Charlotte Remittance Processing Center into an energized, high-performing staff. • Developed training programs for the staff to ensure everyone was properly trained on primary responsibilities and established secondary responsibilities to create a more cross-functional team.
• Produced monthly quality and production statistics for the staff and management.
• Instituted a Production and Quality Incentive Program that rewarded consistently high performers.
• Conducted weekly individual reviews with employees to discuss their productivity and quality numbers.
Intch is a Professional Networking App for the Future of Work