Keep in touch with meI'm using Intch to connect with new people. Use this link to open chat with me via Intch app
The Business Adviser NetworkCompany Owner
Apr. 2022United Kingdom
Cliffen ConsultingCompany Owner
Apr. 2021Sutton-in-Ashfield, England, United KingdomCliffen Consulting is owned and operated by Training Course Broker Ltd.
With over 40 years business experience in manufacturing, training and consultancy we are best placed to find practical solutions to most problems.
Cliffen Consulting benefits from a network of over 200 Business Advisers and 180+ Training Companies and Health and Safety Advisers.
On Point HostsCompany Owner
Jan. 2021Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, United KingdomOn Point Hosts is wholly owned and operated by Training Course Broker Ltd.
We offer quality shared web domain hosting at a very competitive price. Domain registration is free for the first year and our hosting packages start from as little as £4.25 a month.
All hosting packages include free email packages a SSL certification as standard. We have no hidden charges - what you see is what you get.
Training Course Broker LtdManaging Director
Mar. 2018Training Course Broker Ltd is an independent resource whose aim is to assist students in finding good quality training. We do NOT deliver any training and are NOT associated with any accrediting body. Courses are delivered by accredited training providers.
Training Course TutorCompany Owner
Mar. 2018Sutton-in-Ashfield, England, United KingdomTraining Course Tutor is wholly owned and operated by Training Course Broker Ltd. It was added to the group as a platform for Training Companies to advertise situations vacant and for Vocational Tutors to put their cv's infront of prospective employers.
Training Course VenueCompany Owner
Mar. 2018Sutton-in-Ashfield, England, United KingdomTraining Course Venue is wholly owned and operated by Training Course Broker Ltd. It was added to the group as a platform for Training Venue Owners to advertise their training rooms for hire and for Training Companies to search and compare venues.
Corporate Risk SystemsManaging Director
Jun. 2010 - May. 2017Corporate Risk Systems (CRS) is accredited to deliver Safety, Health and Environmental training courses throughout the UK and internationally. We have gained a reputation for excellence, demonstrated by our student’s achievements, company testimonials and professionally qualified tutors. Whether it is one of our NVQ4, NEBOSH National General Certificate, IEMA , NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management or IOSH Managing Safely courses, our tutors deliver a friendly and informative training course where the use of practical exercises, syndicate and group activities are included. Our high pass rates for all of our courses including the NEBOSH and IOSH training courses and our excellent testimonials from our NVQ4 and AIEMA candidates demonstrates that we are providing the correct learning experience where our students come first. Our aim is to help our students to achieve their full potential and create increased career opportunities in their life through learning and improved qualifications.
Change TradingActing Managing Director
Sep. 2004 - Jun. 2008Dubai, United Arab EmiratesChange Trading was established in 2003 to design, manufacture and export a wide range of products for the European and USA markets. The company had a very poor business model and had wasted very large sums of money in its establishment. I was recruited to analyze the problems and implement changes to ensure the longevity of the company. Achievements:
• Established accounting procedures.
• Wrote and implemented database system for accounts, product and cost analysis.
• Represented the company in Dubai, New York, Vienna and London.
• Established quality procedures.
• Interviewed and established agent’s network.
• Restructured the company and closed the Austrian office, which was a major financial drain.
Cristal GarmentsGeneral Manager
Oct. 1999 - Aug. 2004Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E.Cristal Garments is a part of the Bangkok based Uttam group and was founded in 1987. The company had never employed a professional manager and was run by its owner. The company employed 800 workers and had grown without planning or systems. There were no policies and there were poor employment and quality practices. The major customers had delivered an ultimatum demanding change or cancellation of all orders. Achievements:
• Established HR, Work Study, Quality and Environment Protection departments.
• Wrote and implemented HR database system with particular emphasis on social accountability and transparency in all areas of employee interaction from recruitment to end of service benefits.
• Re designed workflow and plant layout.
• Led a team to Stuttgart to learn new systems for Knitwear at the Stoll training academy.
• Installed new plant, trained new workers and achieved production quality within 4 weeks of installation.
• Designed and over saw construction of new buildings.
• Designed and published company Web Site www.cristalgarments.ae
• Established plant maintenance schedules.
• Established ROI principles for all new plant and equipment.
Dec. 1994 - Oct. 1999Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPace was established to act as a quality liaison office in Dubai for Two Too Clothing Company of London. The orders were placed with us and we in turn chose the appropriate factory to sample and produce the orders in a quality conscious and timely manner. Unfortunately, the partners of Two Too decided to retire and ceased trading.
During this period, I was also involved in Management and Computer consultancy in Dubai, Cairo, Macau and Colombo. Achievements:
• Sat on the board of Shaw Wallace & Hedges in Colombo advising on their garment manufacturing investments.
• Developed and implemented software packages for a prominent Osteopath practice, food supply company, major Freight company and a major scaffolding company
Martin Emprex LtdCompany Director
Aug. 1988 - Nov. 1993Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E.The company was founded in the UK in 1921 and rapidly became a major international group having facilities in Hong Kong, Macau, China, Sri Lanka, USA and UK. In 1987, a board resolution was passed to establish a production unit in Dubai. As a consultant to the group, I was asked to make the feasibility study and to run the project initially as the General Manager reporting to the Managing Director in Sri Lanka. Achievements:
• Solely designed, specified and oversaw the construction of the plant.
• Specified all equipment, created ROI analysis on all major purchases.
• Started company 3 months ahead of schedule.
• Devised and implemented all production control, quality and management control systems.
• Total project ROI was 2 years – the fastest recorded in the history of the company.
• Promoted to Director – the youngest in the history of the group.
• Started with 45 employees and built up to 550.
Oct. 1985 - Jul. 1988Country WideDuring this period, I undertook several short and medium term contracts in various industries. My specialty was in Labour Relations - Union Negotiations and Work Place Engineering. As a result of taking a contract with Martin Emprex Ltd, I was given the opportunity to become an expatriate. Achievements:
• Lectured part time at the Harry Mitchell Work Study College, Beeston, Nottingham.
• Developed a software programme written in Basic for work-study calculations – saving 60% of the work-study practitioners time in using a calculator.
• Negotiated several strike situations on behalf of the NUHKW union and others on behalf of the management.
Chancourt LtdFactory Manager
Jan. 1984 - Sep. 1985Ripley, DerbyshireThis company employed me to run the business on behalf of the owner who spent most of the year in the USA. I was responsible for the Knitting Plant and Cut and Sew operations. We sold mostly to top Fashion Houses in Europe and the USA. Between the time of viewing the facility and joining, the company there was a major down turn in the business of which I had not been informed. On joining the company, I found that there was no work and the order books were empty. Having resigned from my previous position I decided to stay and fight. Achievements:
• Factory manager at age 22.
• Developed and implemented production and quality control systems.
• Worked with programmers and hardware engineers to install apple computers into the company – we were one of the first companies in the industry in the UK to invest heavily in the emerging computer technology.
• Rebuilt customer confidence.
• Established profitable lines of production.
• Re negotiated payment terms with supplier’s especially German speaking machinery and raw material suppliers.
• Company returned to operational profit within 18 months.
• Company sold to the G.H Tailor group.
Meridian LtdWork Study Manager
Mar. 1982 - Dec. 1984Arnold, Nottingham• Youngest Work Study Manager in the entire Courtaulds Group.
• Solely responsible for three Factories employing approximately 1,800 workers. • All Sales Costings and Piece Work Rates were issued by me utilizing stopwatch, GSD and other PMTS.
• Handled all Union negotiations
• Lectured part time at the Beeston Work Study College.
Meridian LtdWork Study Officer
Aug. 1980 - Feb. 1982Derby, United Kingdom• Solely Responsible for both the Derby based Factories.
• Redesigned both Factory layouts.
• Worked with the groups Engineering Department on the design and implementation of Labour Saving Equipment.
Meridian LtdAssistant Work Study Officer
May. 1979 - Aug. 1980Heanor, DerbyshireYoungest qualified Work Study Officer in the UK
Meridian LtdTrainee Production Manager
Jun. 1977 - May. 1979Derby, United KingdomHands on experience in all aspects of production and production control
Intch is a Professional Networking App for the Future of Work