Keep in touch with meI'm using Intch to connect with new people. Use this link to open chat with me via Intch app
MotiusSenior Tech Specialist - Data Engineering
Nov. 2021Munich, Bavaria, Germany● Designed and led the implementation of Data Lake/Warehouse architectures leveraging Snowflake and AWS BigData services, including AWS S3, Glue, Athena, Aurora, Lambda, Managed-Airflow, and more.
● Developed resilient ETL/ELT pipelines for rapid insights using Apache Spark and Snowflake
● Developed CI and DataOps processes for efficient data management
● Implemented infrastructure automation using Terraform
● Implemented robust data governance processes for compliance, quality, and security
PRIME I Retail & Trade SolutionsPlatform and Data Engineering Lead
Sep. 2018 - Aug. 2021A hands-on lead responsible for architecting, building, and maintaining company's Analytics and Data Platform by utilizing open-source Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, Hive, Presto, YARN, Ganglia, etc. as well as cloud services of AWS (S3, EMR, Glue, Athena, EC2, VPC etc.) that enabled predictable scale and availability for the Data Lake. Facilitated the Data Engineering process for the DE team. ● Implemented ETL/ELT components for the data processing library (built on top of Apache Spark)
● Implemented Machine Learning models for predictive analysis and clustering, using Spark's MLlib
● Developed data pipelines to clean, process and analyze data of different scales
● Designed and developed company's S3-based Data Lake and its data provisioning strategy
● Responsible for monitoring AWS Big Data services and the relevant DataOps
● Scheduling and authoring data pipelines using Apache Airflow
● Utilized Scala/Java and Python tech stacks to develop the solutions
Jul. 2016 - Oct. 2018Prishtina, KosovoInvolved in Software development, Big Data processing systems as well as designing and implementing data provisioning services. Also, committed to system administration of business-critical servers and development environments. Incorporated into the Agile methodologies to day to day project development. ● Developed web-based projects using Python and Node.js technology stack
● Designed and developed applications in a micro-service based architecture
● Designed and developed BigData solutions based on AWS (S3, Glue, Athena, Redshift, Lambda, EMR, Apache Kafka)
● Implemented advanced searching service by utilizing ElasticSearch and its indexing mechanisms
● Setup and management of DevOps infrastructure using Gitlab, Jenkins, and AWS services
● Deployed containerized applications using AWS Elastic Container Service
Open Data KosovoCo-Founder & Software Developer
Aug. 2014 - Apr. 2016Prishtina, KosovoI’ve been involved in every aspect of building the organization, from implementing of the data-driven platforms to open data advocacy and defining the organization’s direction. ● Lead development of data/web related projects ● Developed data mining, ETL, and data processing pipelines
● Coordinating and organizing workshops with other instructors.
● Representing Open Data Kosovo in different Bootcamps, Conferences, and User Groups in both national and international level.
Apr. 2012 - Apr. 2014A startup focused on web-based e-commerce applications. Involved in full-stack web development. Accomplishments:
• Full-stack development
• Implemented unit-tests, integration and regression tests.
Intch is a Professional Networking App for the Future of Work